Monday, January 08, 2007

Lighter out later!

I noticed driving home from work that it was 5:30 and the sun was still setting. The longer days are starting Well, this made me pretty happy. I went home, cleaned the kitchen and decided to make Chicken Stew. Diced up some chicken, carrots, celery, cooked potato, added some peas, and a few string beans. Little of this and that and it turn out great! Big vat of it, too. Back before Jamie came along I cooked a lot. Jackie worked full time and I was often home first. So, I did the cooking. After Jamie came along Jackie was home more and she started doing all the cooking. That's the way it has stayed. Every now and then I flex my cooking muscle and whip something up. It's fun. One can be creative and work with their hands. I'm anal, though. I have to start with a clean kitchen, I need certain knives and sharp, prefers no one help. I hate sharing the glory of a great meal. While I work I clean up. Little is left when I'm ready to plate. This stew turned out great. Tomorrow I'll grab some peasant bread to use as bowls and serve it up to the family. Should be awesome.

No comments: