Sunday, December 30, 2007

What a Croc!

I've made my feelings about Croc's clear. I think they're fine for little girls . . . even little boys. I can also see their attraction for women working in the garden or for going to the beach in that they're water-proof, unlike some sandals. I guess there's even a version for use in hospitals. Again, I can appreciate that.

But for men? Uh huh. No way. This was made perfectly clear to me when while on vacation in Door County I saw a man wearing them in a restaurant. What made it worse was that they were pink. I don't wan to offend so just let me say it looked very "un-manly".

Now, I don't have a problem with being unconventional. Be it a haircut or attire. I've also stated that I'm very comfortable with my feminine side. I don't have a need to look, feel, or exude manly. But there are certain things I don't do. The whole "metrosexual" thing . . . forget it. I won't go there.

So, you can imagine my surprise when I received a pair of Packer Croc's for Christmas from my wife! Bright green with yellow straps. She had her sister buy me some slipper Crocs! Well, forget the slippers. First, I don't wear slippers. Second, I'm not going to own two pairs of Crocs. But what about the Packer Crocs? Of course, my wife thinks this is the funniest thing . . . watching me accept a gift of Crocs!

It doesn't end there. She also got me two packages of Jibbitz . . . Croc charms, or buttons you use to decorate your Crocs. One package is a fairly cool Skull. The other are these little monsters . . . cute monsters. I don't think so.

So, now what? Do I demand she return them? She thinks I'm going to wear them to work on Fridays along with my Packer shirt. I have to admit, they're comfortable. I could see wearing them to the beach and fishing. I'm going to look like a dork, but it's like me to be different. But, to work? Good thing the football season is almost over.

Well, my love for my wife is greater than my pride. So, wear them, I will. There will be limits, and I'll have to complain about it from time to time, but I took the vow.

For better or for worse.

2 comments:

joshua said...

Yes! Yes! Oh yes! PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!

Certainepic said...

I would say that's brave.

But, crocs really are ugly.
The woman who made jibbitz, made millions overnight. And she got the idea from her kids.