Sunday, March 09, 2008

Daylight Savings

I love Daylight Savings. I love that it's earlier now and goes longer. Two weeks on both ends, I believe. It was originally supposed to be even longer but the 4 week compromise was reached due to many opposed to extending it at all. Whatever. I like it.

Years back when I battled a bout of depression, I couldn't wait for Daylight Savings. While I was already on the mend, it made a huge psychological difference in my mood.

Now I just like the extra daylight. While the days aren't technically longer, they feel that way. You do more and you feel better. Of course, it's also the time when the weather typically starts to turn. Maybe not this year, but typically.

Arizona doesn't observe Daylight Savings. In the summer, they can't wait for the sun to go away. Build a city in a desert and that's what you get.

This is an antsy time, though. Better weather is just around the corner and we're generally sick of winter and the short days. This year has been especially bad. While our trip to Florida did the family wonders, I really can't wait for the weather to warm up now.

No comments: