Monday, June 09, 2008

Can you top this?

How's this for a string of bad luck:

1. About two weeks ago, my car gets stolen. I get it back, but it needs some fixin'.

2. I need cortisone injections in my neck for pain.

3. My mom calls from Arizona to tell me my father died. I don't mean to demean his death as "bad luck" for me, but his death wasn't unexpected or tragic. The family is actually relieved.

4. A day before leaving for Arizona, I find the source of a recent water leak . . . the water heater. It burst at one of the seams. Can't do anything about it now! Turn off the water and set it to pilot and hope for the best until we return.

5. While in Arizona, my sister-in-law calls to inform us of some major seepage in our basement due to the storms. She'll do what she can, but . . . pray the rain stops. I believe it did. I'm not sure the extent of the damage yet as I'm still in Arizona.

Obviously, my father's death trumps all. The rest can wait, be replaced, fixed, gotten rid of, whatever. Being with family is the most important thing right now. Love, memories, and laughter help heal.

6. Obama wins the nomination.

OK. Now I'm pissed.

No comments: