Saturday, January 26, 2008

Here she is, Miss America . . .

I can't say as I recall last year, but this year's broadcast of the MA pageant was on TLC. No offense to TLC but the MA pageant has really become insignificant. FIrst off, it's just sort of creepy. I know supporters would point to the positives that come from the pageant as well as the reign . . . well, at least they'd want to. There have been a handful of scandals involving contestants in several of the pageant shows. Beyond that, though, it really seems archaic. The show (I DVR'd it and zoomed through most of it) was kind of a joke. Not polished. And, TLC turned the whole ordeal in to a reality show leading up to the pageant. To me, that's the height of becoming a joke. I'm sure they thought it would help with the popularity of reality shows. Don't know. I only caught sections here and there. Boring.

Wisconsin made it in to the finals. I thought she was cute but was too muscular in the chest. Made her cleavage look funny. While she wasn't perfect on the violin, she was the most entertaining talent.

In the end, Michigan won. Good for her.

Maybe next year the pageant will be on TNT.

No comments: