Thursday, December 11, 2008

I have the best daughter in the world!

We've been busy as a family. My wife is working late, I've been working late, and my daughter has been spending time with her cousin at the sister-in-law's. As such we eat late, and with the late start on the evening, my daughter is finishing her homework close to bed time. It's a short term thing. In fact, my wife has already cut back on her hours so she can be home when my daughter gets home. Point is, we miss each other and haven't had a lot of time to spend with each other in the evenings.

Last night, my daughter had dance. Sometimes I go with her. This time I couldn't as I had a late recording. We were supposed to decorate the tree. Now I wasn't sure we would. Anyway, I got this note from my daughter when I got home:

Dear Daddy,
I hope we can play Mall Maddness $$. But, when I get home I have to do the rest of my HW. Aka, Home Work!
Love a lot, Jamie
p.s. I hope we can put on the ornaments!
p.p.s. And watch WALL-E
p.p.p.s. And when I say "a lot" of love, I mean TONS! I mean . . . I don't know. But, A LOT!


I've said it before . . . this kid can have anything she wants.

I'm framing that note.

We stayed up late to finish the Christmas tree.

Now, excuse me while I cry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww - how sweet!! You are very fortunate...