Wednesday, May 21, 2008

AI Finals

I hate to admit it, but I thought Archuleta won the night last night. He peaked at the right time, chose good songs, and put himself in to the song better than he had before. I didn't like Imagine as much but the other songs were strong. David Cook did well, but none of the songs were the kind of goose bump inducing performances as in the past.

As a result, although I really don't think this is about talent as much as it is about popularity, I believe David Archuleta will win.

There are some positives to this. One, David's dad will find out just how controlling this industry can be. If he's to be a factor in David's life, he's going to have to learn to step back and accept the things that happen. That could be hard. For David's part, he's a good fit for the puppet masters. Do what's he's told and sing. Again, his dad will be the problem.

As for Cook, he wins either way. If he comes in second, it will just mean he's free to do what he wants. Which might be best for him. If he wins, he'll have to play puppet boy for a while but the exposure will certainly help him once his duties are done.

Either way, David Cook will be a much larger commercial success than will be Archuleta.

As for the show, tonight is one of the reasons people aren't watching as much. 2 hours?!?! I'm really not sure what the show will contain but not only is that a lot of filler, it's just too long to wait.

Over all I thought the live blog went well. I had fun. I think I'll have it on tonight so check back.

No comments: