Sunday, May 18, 2008

Global Foolishness 114

After Hurricane Katrina we were told hurricanes would increase in frequency and severity because of global warming. The following year we had the calmest hurricane season in quite some time. Since, we've been told that hurricanes really don't have much to do with global warming, or we've been told that the reduction in hurricane activity is some how consistent with global warming models.

I think the point isn't whether I know if climate change and hurricanes have a correlation, it's that the experts themselves don't agree.

Study Refutes Link Between Global Warming and Hurricanes.


The most interesting part of the article to me is that Knutson once agreed with those who thought global warming was and would be responsible for more frequent or more intense, or both, hurricanes.

But, I'm sure someone will claim a money trail and pass off this expert as baloney.

I'd prefer a good italian sub.

No comments: