Monday, May 12, 2008

Fallon in for Conan

Ugh. First off, Jay Leno couldn't be leaving fast enough for me. I never liked him. I always thought he was a talentless, funny-looking oaf who couldn't conduct an interesting celebrity interview if his life depended on it. How he's had the success he's had is beyond me. I don't watch any late night talk show regularly, but I do like Conan. His whole demeanor is just nicer than Jay's. For me, anyway. Ferguson is just annoying.

When I heard about Conan taking over Late Night, I was kind of disappointed. While I only watch when there are interesting guests, I though Conan had a show that he was able to do by his own rules. Which made it funny. I could be wrong, but going over to Late Night might clip is wings a bit . . . and he may not work as well.

Well, it now gets worse. Among the many talentless people out in hollyweird, there are two that I find the least talented . . . and the least funny. One of them is Dana Carvey. OK. He does some good impressions. But that's about it. He tries to come off as this witty, snarky kind of guy and he's just not funny. Not at all. The other . . . Jimmy Fallon. I never thought he was funny on SNL and all of his movies suck. So, hey, like never-weres Jimmy Kimmel, Carson Daley, and Craig Kilborn, let's put him on a late night talk show! Yep, Fallon will replace Conan next year.

Guaranteed, he will suck.

No comments: