Monday, May 12, 2008

Playboy posts quarterly loss, shares drop

Adult entertainment publisher Playboy Enterprises Inc posted a quarterly loss on Tuesday because of weaker publishing and domestic television revenue and forecast more trouble during the year, pushing its shares down 8 percent.


Playboy lost me years ago. I had been a loyal subscriber for 25 years until I finally stopped. Several things happened:

1. As I got older and smarter I started snubbing the liberal slant the magazine had.

2. Nudes of women I can't imagine anyone wanted to see (Nanci Sinatra, LaToya Jackson, Carnie Wilson, . . . Joan Collins!)

3. The promise of nudes that never came (Landers sisters, Janet Jones, others)

4. Fake breasts. I hate them.

5. Hugh's pathetic behavior.

It didn't help that Hugh allowed many of the Playmates to appear on Howard Stern. Much of their appeal was lost when I found out just how stupid they were. Skanky, too. Yuck.

The article doesn't mention that Playboy magazine has been in decline for years. It's been in bad need of a face lift for some time. It did get a little better some years back when Playboy brought on board someone from Maxim magazine. Still, it just has a stuffy look to it.

And still all those fake boobs.

No comments: