Monday, November 24, 2008

Celebridiot of the Day

Travis Barker, who survived a plane crash along with DJ AM, and which took the lives of 4 people, including his body guard, his assistant, and the pilot and co pilot, is now suing LearJet for the crash. Travis had this to say about the lawsuit:

"I wouldn't have been in the state I was in if I wasn't in the crash," said Barker, who spoke Sunday while at the Miss California USA event with Shanna Moakler. "I wouldn't have third-degree burns all over my body or be prohibited to do certain things. I can't go swimming. I can't do some of the things that normal people can do. I didn't ask for that to happen."
The drummer says he doesn't know if he'll win his lawsuit.
"I don't know. I just think positive. I mean, I think so—if something goes wrong that's not supposed to go wrong or you fall victim of it, I think you should be compensated."


First, what a crybaby. In spite of being incredibly fortunate to have survived a plane crash, he bellyaches about not being able to go swimming? Are you frikkin' kidding me?

But, he wins the gold star of douchery with his last comment.

Travis could well have a valid suit. But, not for the reason's he states. Many people who live through harrowing experiences are, generally, happy to be alive . . . and all too happy to give up certain "normalcies" as a trade off for life. Not Travis. Life isn't enough.

I can just see it . . . Travis, sitting on the beach on Cabo, looking out at the sunset, all bummed 'cause he can't swim. I can just hear him: "I wish I would have been dead!"

Idiot.

No comments: