Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Life's little pleasures

My little girlie and I went grocery shopping last night. Not only do we have a lot of fun, but we always end up getting all sorts of things mama, the wifey, wouldn't buy. Well? Ya gotta try stuff!

Anyway, we entered . . . "the zone" . . . bakery. With a 4 day weekend coming up I knew we would need some sort of deep-fried-sugar-coated-jelly-stuffed-frosted-glazed pastry kind of thing. My girlie got my attention. I heard the angels sing as a spot of light came down from the heavens to bask this product in its warm glow. I'd never seen anything like this before . . .

Jelly-filled doughnut holes.

They called to me with little voices. Sweet. Endearing. Enticing. I reached out to grasp not only the package but also to the reality of what was in my hands. I felt at peace. I smiled. A tear rolled down my cheek.

"Put it in the cart, daddy!"

We tried them after dinner. They were wonderful. If life is a box of chocolates, heaven is a jelly filled doughnut hole.

No comments: