Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dumb Sports

For the most part, I have a lot of respect for anyone who achieves championship level of their sport. While not a big basketball or baseball fan, it's fun and exciting to see the playoffs. Watching something at that level of competition is inspiring.

For the most part.

When you have a championship, like the world cup, go 6 HOURS with no score . . . that's a stupid sport.

Soccer is stupid sport.

Yes, I fully admit, I don't understand it. I've been told the rules at various times in my life. Whatever. I don't care.

It's a stupid sport. I sooooooo glad my daughter has no interest.

Watching the Olympics, I find there are other dumb sports. Not surprisingly, they're much like soccer. Field hockey.

Dumb.

Water Polo.

Dumb.

I found handball interesting. If for no other reason . . .

THEY WOULD SCORE!

Plus, it was pretty physical. Yeah, yeah . . . the other sports take a lot of physical this and that. Whatever.

Bo-ring.

In the end, when I thought you couldn't get much worse than soccer . . . they shrunk the ball and gave you a stick to hit it with.

Brilliant.

No comments: