Saturday, August 23, 2008

Olympics

Other than making the observation about dumb sports, I haven't posted much about the Olympics. I've been watching everyday. For me, it's nice that they're on until late as that's when I'm usually watching.

Over all, they've been great. The old "thrill of victory, agony of defeat" has really applied. One of the problems for these athletes is that everything comes down to one chance. All the time spent training, down to one dive, one race, one contest. One little mistake and, poof, you're out. That seems a shame. But, that's the way it is.

One sport of huge disappointment has been boxing. Or, what they're passing off as boxing. THe few matches I watched I've seen so much holding, leading with the head, rabbit punching, racking of laces, and over all dirty tactics, it would make Lennox Lewis proud. If this is how they're coaching these "boxers' there truly is no future for the sport. Sad. I watched the middle weight fight. It was a joke. I'm surprised the ref let it go the way it did.

Of course, it's great to see the Americans do well. I be sad when they're over.

No comments: